Human Resource Assistant
This position is responsible to support the Human Resources/Payroll Department in a wide variety of general duties.
- Responsible for human resource activities to include reference check follow-up, background check and processing new hire paperwork, candidate screening, interview coordination.
- Manage vacation accruals and maintain attendance logs
- Administer and explain benefits to employees as needed.
- Assist in collecting information for workers compensation claims & unemployment inquiries
- Keep track of employee hours, rates, wages, and compensations
- Address issues and questions from employees regarding payroll when needed
- Data entry for weekly certified payroll in LCP Tracker and DIR systems
- Maintain confidential human resource files and filing system
- File department records; maintain and update employee files.
- Complete verbal and written verifications of employment.
- Perform duties relative to overall payroll functions
- Ensure accuracy of time sheets on a daily basis
- Participate as a flexible team member in a fast-paced, change-oriented environment.
- Assist with employee distribution of policy related information, reminders, & weekly payment
- Assist with tracking compliance of various human resources programs, policies & procedures
- Maintains knowledge regarding employment laws, labor relations, benefits and compensation
practices that relate to the job responsibility and integrate them into own practices.
- Clerical duties, running errands as needed for management & ownership
- Provide advice, assistance and follow-up on company policies, procedures, and documentation
- Coordinate the resolution of policy-related and procedural problems and inquiries
- Assist in coordination of luncheons for clients & staff
- Microsoft Office, email composition, digital filing, and paper file filing
- Clerical experience & ability to operate basic office machinery and perform basic office tasks
- Clear & professional verbal & written communication with coworkers & customers
- Knowledgeable in LCP Tracker and related certified payroll systems
- Ability to self-manage, show initiative and be pro-active.
- Bilingual – English & Spanish
- Knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines
- Knowledge of federal and state employment and benefit laws
- Ability to analyze data and provide recommendations
- Bilingual in Spanish
- 1 year minimum experience in Human Resource Assistant position or equivalent
- 1 year minimum experience in Certified Payroll Reporting
- 1 year minimum experience operating Microsoft Office
- 1 year minimum experience in customer service or equivalent
- 1 year minimum experience in a clerical position or equivalent
- 1 year minimum experience working in a team environment
- Must be able to remain in stationary position for most of the day
- Occasionally, will move about inside the office to access files, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly working in office environment. This position is 5 days per week in office.
- Must be able to problem solve and prioritize tasks
- Must be able to manage stress depending on tasks
- Must be able to multitask
- Must be able to quickly communicate solutions if problems occur
- Must be able to demonstrate a high degree of sound judgement
*This job description is subject to change at any time.